Quotes of the Month
“Among His Signs in this, that He created you from dust; and then,- behold, ye are men scattered (far and wide)! And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquillity with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are Signs for those who reflect. And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the variations in your languages and your colors: verily in that are Signs for those who know.” – Quran 30:20-22.
“(Also) mention in the Book (the story of) Abraham. He was a man of Truth, a prophet. Behold, he said to his father: ‘O my father! Why worship that which heareth not and seeth not, and can profit thee nothing? O my father! to me hath come knowledge which hath not reached thee: so follow me: I will guide thee to a Way that is even and straight.'” – Qur’an 19:41-43.
Allah’s Apostle (PBUH) said, “Islam is based on (the following) five (principles):
1. To testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and Muhammad is Allah’s Apostle (i.e. Shahadah).
2. To offer the (compulsory congregational) prayers dutifully and perfectly (i.e. Salat).
3. To pay Zakat (i.e. obligatory charity).
4. To perform Hajj (i.e. Pilgrimage to Mecca).
5. To observe fast during the month of Ramadan (i.e. Sawm).”
– Sahih Bukhari 1.2.7. Narrated by Ibn ‘Umar.
“The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; and the realist adjusts the sails.” -William Arthur Ward.