What We Do
LADO’s mission is to promote Islam among the Latino community within the United States. We provide scholarships, grants, and services that further our mission. You can encourage your friends to learn about and support our efforts at LatinoDawah.org.
We create scholarships for students that are used towards educating future Latino Muslim imams and scholars.
- Scholarships made available that are created to help students pay for higher learning. These financial aid awards are different from student loans because they don’t have to be repaid.
We provide grants towards the development and growth of Latino Muslim organizations.
- Grants of funding are made available that are used by another party (i.e. an organization) to finance a particular activity, venture, charity, or facility.
We provide services that inspire and empower the Latino Muslim community such as…
- We educate Americans about the beauty of Islam, the growing Latino Muslim presence, and the legacy of Islam in Spain, the Americas, and around the World.
- We maintain a social media presence to share ideas, interesting news, upcoming events, and progress with Latino Muslims around the United States.
- We develop and distribute unique publications of interest to the Latino Muslim community.
- We encourage Muslim converts to come together to build and maintain meaningful friendships, to encourage personal growth (tarbiyah) and to invite others to Islam (dawah).
- We build alliances with local and national Muslim organizations, emphasizing local community action.
“Indeed, those who recite the Book of Allah and establish prayer and spend [in His cause] out of what We have provided them, secretly and publicly, [can] expect a profit that will never perish – That He may give them in full their rewards and increase for them of His bounty. Indeed, He is Forgiving and Appreciative.”– Qur’an 35:29-30