- To promote Islam among the Latino community within the United States by becoming better-educated Muslims and by working with like-minded Muslims.
LADO’s mission will be accomplished:
- By providing assistance and guidance to anyone interested in Islam, particularly Latinos.
- By providing online resources for English, Spanish, and Portuguese Islamic literature.
- By developing publications of interest to the Latino Muslim community, such as an online newsletter.
- By maintaining a presence on social media to share ideas, news, upcoming events, and progress with Latino Muslims around the United States.
- By educating Americans about the beauty of Islam, the growing Latino Muslim presence, and the legacy of Islam in Spain and the Americas.
- By encouraging Latino Muslims to organize within their local communities for dawah purposes.
- By assisting and building alliances with local and national Muslim organizations, emphasizing local community action.
- By establishing scholarships, grants, and campaigns that will promote Islam among the Latino community within the United States.
LADO’s mission is based on the following guiding principles:
- Muslims uphold and bear witness that there is nothing worthy of worship except Allah, who is referred to as God in English and Dios in Spanish, and we bear witness that Muhammad is His Last Prophet and Messenger with whom He is well pleased.
- We believe strongly in the Oneness and Uniqueness of Allah who is the Sole Creator and Sustainer of the cosmos, humankind, and everything that is hidden and apparent.
- We agree that Salvation is gained with the grace of Allah, through and by, the five Daily Prayers, the Fasting, the Dutiful Charity, and the Pilgrimage.
- We declare without doubt that Allah created the Angels from pure light. He also sent honorable Messengers with Divine Books in order to give guidance and warning of the Day of Judgment. We believe in Divine Decree, which is the knowledge and consequence of Allah over His creation.
- We believe that Prophet Muhammad is the best Example of the Muslim character: sincere, truthful, courageous, wise, patient, forgiving, compassionate, humble, respectful, generous, grateful, and optimistic.
- A Muslim is a brother of another Muslim. Whoever fulfills the Needs of his brother, Allah will fulfill his needs. None will have Faith until he wishes for his brother what he likes for himself.
- Our Goal in this world is to obtain Perfection In Worship, such that we worship Allah as if we see Him, and although we cannot see Him, we undoubtedly believe He is constantly watching over us.
“Let there arise out of you a group designed to carry out Allah’s order in inviting people to what is good, enjoining what is right and forbidding what is wrong. And it is they who are The Successful.”– Qur’an 3:104.